This Internet Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is effective as of November 1st, 2015.
Purpose of the Privacy Notice and Scope
This Privacy Notice describes Associate Benefits Group’s practices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of the personal information provided to us by users of our Website maintained for operations in the United States (U.S.).
Associate Benefits Group, through its insuring subsidiaries, provides insurance products and services. This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information collected on our Website with a link to this Notice and does not apply to information collected by Associate Benefits Group or its subsidiaries through any other means.
In this Notice, “you,” “your,” “yours,” and their derivations are used to refer to you, the Website user or visitor. “We,” “us,” and ”our,” and their derivations, and “AGB,” are used to refer to Associate Benefits Group and its subsidiaries.
Your Consent and Choice
By providing personal information to us through this Website, you are consenting to the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information in accordance with this Notice. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Notice, please do not provide personal information through this Website.
This Website is intended to be used in the U.S. If you access this Website while outside the U.S., your information will be transferred to the U.S., and processed and stored under U.S. privacy standards. By accessing the Website and providing information to us, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the U.S.
The Personal Information We Collect
“Personal information” means individually identifiable information collected online about an individual consumer that can be used to locate or to contact that individual directly. It is data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, physical address, Social Security number, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual.
We do not collect personal information from visitors who choose to simply view our public Website. We collect personal information through this Website when you or someone acting on your behalf affirmatively provides it to us. For example, when you use our “Contact Us” links, access our insurance services, register for events, request newsletters or other material, or apply for employment, online, we may ask you for personal and/or other information in order to authenticate your identity and to respond to your request or complete your transaction.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use the personal information collected on the Associate Benefits Website as follows:
- Fulfilling your transaction or service request. If you request something from us, such as information or a service related to your insurance or benefits, we will use the personal information you provide to authenticate your identity and fulfill your request. If you sign up to receive newsletters or other information from us sent via e-mail, you can opt-out from receiving that information at any time by following the directions for unsubscribing in those messages.
- Processing your application for employment. If you apply for employment with us, we may use the personal information you provide to evaluate and process your application.
- Conducting our business. We may use personal information for data analysis; audits; product enrollments; servicing insurance policies; administering claims; developing new products; enhancing, improving or modifying our services; identifying usage trends; determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and operating and expanding our business activities.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
We may share the personal information collected through our Website as follows:
- Working with service providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to help us improve our services and to support our Website, including site maintenance, analysis, audit, and development; to assist with policy and claims administration; and to assist with processing employment applications. These third parties have limited access to your personal information only to perform work on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for other purposes.
- Compliance with legal process and other disclosures. We may, where permitted or required by law, disclose personal information to third parties without your consent to comply with court orders, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory requirements, or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy or similar event, personal information collected through our Website may be transferred to or assigned to another entity, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law, without your consent.
Cookies/Advertising/ Online Tracking
We do not serve advertising on our Website. However, we may engage online advertising service providers to show our ads to you after you leave our site and view other Websites or when you search on the Web using terms related to our products. We do not use your personal information for advertising. We do not share our customer’s personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Currently, we do not respond to “Do Not Track Signals” from browsers.
Updating Your Personal Information
In certain cases, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online. In the event personal information you provided through our Website is no longer accessible online and you wish to obtain a copy of it or if you become aware the information is incorrect and you would like us to correct it, please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help us protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information that we process and maintain through this Website. However, no method of transmitting or storing information via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted through or in connection with our Website and therefore the use of this Website is at your own risk.
The security of your information also depends on you. If you have a password for access to certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. If you believe that the security of your password has been compromised or that, for some other reason, your online interaction with us via this Website is no longer secure, please immediate notify us of the problem by contacting us at email@example.com.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or to enforce our agreements. If you want to request a deletion of your personal information, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we need to retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons. Some of your information may remain on backup systems, in compliance with applicable law.
From time to time, our Website may provide links to other Websites, not owned or controlled by Associate Benefits Group, that we think might be of interest to our site visitors. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party Websites on the Internet that may be linked to our Website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites, as their privacy practices may differ from ours.
Privacy Notice Effective Date and Changes
This Notice is effective as of the date stated above. We may amend the Notice from time to time. We will not make material changes to our Website privacy practices regarding our use or sharing of personal information without providing notice through this site or through other ways to bring the changes to your attention.
This Notice is governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to principles of conflict of laws.
Our Website and the services we provide are not directed toward children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly solicit personal information from children in connection with our Website. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete the information from our files within a reasonable time.
How to Contact Us Regarding Privacy Questions
For questions regarding this Notice, or for inquiries regarding the personal information collected from you that is covered by this Notice, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at the following address:
Associate Benefits Group
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
116 North Patterson Street, Suite B
Valdosta, Georgia 31601